Saturday, June 24, 2006

Summer Songs

i
The cats are sleeping
Face down, between their paws
One face twitches, a claw quivers
Chasing the mice of dreams
The other raises his lazy head
Stretches, yawns, mews for food
And curls up once again

ii
Not yet midday,
And the world is on fire
Heat blows down dusty streets
Spiralling dust storms colours the trees grey
Two men nod off beneath a tree
Two cows for company

iii
Send for me when the sun has set
And a moonlit breeze
Has released the scent of a thousand flowers
Send for me when the night is still and cool
Send for me and I will come

iv
My queen,
Your jewelled hand can soften
The beating of my wild heart
My queen,
Your wine drenched lips can cool
The burning of my thirsty soul
My queen,
Your dew laced breast can trace
The career of my desire
My queen,
The starlit breath of your love
Can tide over these dark nights

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELL ... WELL... and finally something original... seems like you really can't do without your muse now can you... he/she (from the last bit i guess it must be a she) must really be something huh...

Beq said...

hmm

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...