Thursday, June 01, 2006

Oh Woe Ist Mein

I never knew of anyone who wanted to write and did not harbour hopes of writing haikus. Can't say I've been totally faithful to the form but in this hip hop age who is?

Haikus

I

The sun bakes the sky blue

On my hot bed

I lie and think of lilies

II

The river dazzles the eye

In a blink

The tail of the cat is black

III

The city is a jungle of spires

Spear in hand

I hunt the tiger of desire

IV

A crack in the distance

Sudden rain

A sparrow hops by with wet feet

V

The mountaintop is cloaked in mist

All day long

I am a mirror in the sun

VI

Starlight. Whispers. Sighs

Strangers in the night

Exchanging glances

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good ones bro

Anonymous said...

hmm... i really agree with your description of you... but the haikus arn't too bad either....

keep writing...