Thursday, June 01, 2006

Invitations

As will be glaringly obvious to any and all who visit Roma, it is in the process of being created. I can't understand half the things myself. Consequently I'm spending quite some time staring at the page and wondering how to go about things, like getting my picture in there somehow. I know there is a six easy steps thingummy but
a) I don't have the patience and
b) I'm unsure around machines that don't divulge their secrets quickly...
...cos unlike Templar mysteries and beautiful women, a good machine is one that is totally demystified. So, any of my -ahem- visitors, if you'll be kind enough to tell me in plain english how to go about things, me's a willa be quite grateful. Yes Maseh :)
Now, the reason for the name. Why Roma Koma. Unlike John Lennon, I can't say that a man appeared to me one night atop a flaming pie and said that "Henceforth yeh be los beatles", so I won't say that.
It was a whim on me part. Why not start a blog? Everyone seems to have one....and whether anyone comes here or not, I can always say what the hell I want or write about everything from John Cage (of whom I dunno much) to Jimmy Page (said it just so it'd rhyme) to Paramilitary maneuvers (a red herring see see?) and none will be the wiser. And this being so impersonal and all,
I's be less shy
and write with extreme prejudice (sounds nice don't it?)
Roma is NOT to be pronounced as in AS Roma but as in "Comma". Ditto for Koma. Now the name derives itself from a Bong joke. Now, those who know that joke will appreciate but those from other linguistic groups might be at a loss. I dunno how to explain, but I'll try:
A man writes a lovelorn letter to his beloved Roma. But being a career literalist he writes:
Priyotama Roma Koma...
Now a normal man would write:
Dearest Roma,
Now he carries on...
Tumi amar jibone jagiyechcho dolon semicolon
and on and on. Needless to say, its a hillarious letter and the genesis of the name for sucha "writerly" enterprise..all right, enough crap. Now wait for next year...

4 comments:

Beq said...

Rah rah...and all that :)

Beq said...

KP my man...its all right. The letter's not that hot either. By the way, its "ami tomake bhalo bashi" and "boka choda", chodon meaning "to fuck" and choda meaning fucker.

G! said...

Hehe...

That's all I'm outs to say and that's all that I's gonna say!

Beq said...

Sathe you don't make sense