Saturday, July 29, 2006

Rain

Rain,
In hollow roads, whistling away
A slow tune
Water drips down window panes
Alone
I know what it is
A word, like a raindrop
Washing off colours
And the painting flows colours
Rain
Undoing smoke, untying knots
Farewell friend
In your loneliness
I find comfort
Repeat
Your mistakes, mine too
And we grin foolishly
Awkward, embarrassed
We walk out
Rain
Its still there, in a corner
Like a face glimpsed in time
Like a dream
On the threshold of waking
La Giaconda just smiled
I’ll see you around.
- Bibek Bhattacharya

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

sigh! anyway....

Beq said...

aha. I knows who yous be

Lonely Feet said...

I had forgotten the texture of rain,I knew from previous phases in life...

this poem brought it back.
:)

Anonymous said...

why no more posts??? this is boring!

Beq said...

That's nice Lonely Feet. Thank you

Anonymous said...

lucky you lonely feet... why can't we read a new post..... what the hell...

Beq said...

Hang on hang on, let the dust settle

Anonymous said...

what dust? huh...? oh man... this is soooo... boring!