Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Delhi Diaries 2006: Cat Warbling

D-735, Ground Floor, CR Park 7th December
There's a cat right under the car-wash outside the door warbling away in a loud, sad voice. It's an entreating voice, almost like a baby's. It is almost sentient. The voice wants to be let in. It wants people to notice, make a fuss. Why? Because the owner of that voice thinks he deserves it. He's not a dog who will try his best to ingratiate himself, or even act friendly, just to get attention. The cat will stalk about, sit on the sofa, shamelessly forage for food. In short, do pretty much as he pleases. It's his territory right? He doesn't care what humans think they deserve from this relationship! This is his corner of the world and he wants it. But he can't get in by himself. He is, after all, too fat and lazy to be able to climb up the vine to the first floor balcony, as his children do. He has to be let in. The voice has stopped. I think he's wandered off or is chasing a mouse. He'll be back, shortly, like an erring alcoholic!
Naughty Boy  

11 comments:

shonedeep said...

awesome - i miss the hot hunk

send flowers to to gurgaon said...

Is So Interesting post What a fabulous work,I am really impressed by see your article It Really it will help lot of people . I am very happy to read your article thanks for sharing with us.

Buy Devotional Idols Frames said...

Thanks for taking the time to post such valuable information. I got some nice inspirational thoughts after reading it. I like it so much.

Mumbai Online Florist said...

this is really a very good post which I really enjoyed reading. I have searching something like this.

Unknown said...

i love your this blog thanks to sharing us.really so useful blog. Valentine Day Flowers To Mumbai

Unknown said...

i like your blog it is so interesting am so happy to see your blog thanks to sharing me
India Flowers Delivery

Buy Flower said...

you blog is so fantastic and so useful thanks to sharing me Send Flowers To Delhi 5 ok

Buy Flower said...

send-flowers-to-hyderabad

Unknown said...

SUCH A GREAT BLOG SO USEFUL BLOG AM SO IMPRESS TO READ YOUR THIS BLOG THIS IS SO USEFULL TO ALL OF US … THANKS TO SHARING US AND KEEP IT UPP ADMIN 

iSiwal Technologies said...

I am so impressed to see your blogspot I have learned many things from your blogs it is truly amazing thanks to sharing us.

Unknown said...

I Am Very Happy To See Your Blog And It Is Very Useful For Me From This I Gathered Many Information And Thanks For Sharing Your Blog With Us..